Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

The Ancient Romans Race Again (Reading)

 Hey there bloggers!                                                                                                                                           Have you been watching the Tokyo olympics? Well, This week for reading we have been learning about the olympics and athletes who are in the olympics. The book I chose to read was called, The Ancient Romans Race Again. It is about the ancient olympic sport played in Greek, chariot racing. It used to be a sport that hurt many horses and their riders sometimes even causing death. But now, over a century later, Pam Sheperd races in the chariot racing but her chariot is made from fibreglass and the racers survive the race. 

For create task one, we had to choose a olympian from New Zealand or a favourite olympian. Then, we had to fill out this sheet and write some facts about the chosen olympian. I chose to learn about valerie Adams. After filling out the sheet, we had to create a poster that included all the information on the sheet. 


For the second create task, we had to choose a country that is competing in the olympic games. I chose to learn about China who is currently first place in the Olympics. Then we had to find 20 facts about our chosen country and what the games they are entering. I was only able to find 15 facts about China because we didn't have enough time. I chose to learn about China because they are currently in first place in the olympics. After that, we had to create a DLO/digital learning option. I created a poster on a google drawing.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Polly, thank you so much for teaching me all about Valerie Adams! I wasn't sure which country had the largest population... but now I know. China did very well to win the Olympics.

    じゃまた Miss Ferguson

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!