Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Kupe And The Giant Wheke

 Kia Ora Bloggers!                                                                                               

Last week was Maori Language Week so we are just continuing on from that week.                                  WALT: Analyse and evaluate the actions and storylines of Maori myths and legends. Last week I chose to read How Maui Discovered Fire so this week I chose to read about Kupe And The Giant Wheke. It is a story about a magic man named Mutururangi who wanted to plot revenge on the villagers. Read the text to find out more about the story! 


For create task one, we had to fill out a sheet about where the story was set, who were the main characters, and what the problem of the story was and how they resolved the problem. Sadly, it is very hard to try and take pictures of things on our computer and since the sheet was paper I can not take a picture of it. 

So, for the Second Create Task we had to fill out another sheet but it was on our Chromenooks. So, for this sheet we had to write if we agree or disagree about the story's statement. I disagreed and agreed with the story's statement so I wrote 3 reasons why I agreed and 1 reason why I disagreed. Scoll down to see it!



 

For Create Task Three, we had to make a glossary of all the words in our text/story. I found 6 maori words in my story. Wheke, Waka, Rangatira, Tohunga, Taiaha and Pou. See my animation to see what all those words mean! 


Thank you for reading my blog post, please give me feedback down below!

                                                                                                        

1 comment:

  1. Hi Polly
    Well done on your create task. I am doing the same one and the story is interesting. I like the way that you did not just pick agree or disagree.
    I like the way you clearly explained the create tasks and what you had to do.
    From Hannaneh

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!