Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Christchurch Earthquake - Reading Create

Hello Bloggers!

Welcome back to my blog!

WALT: Use prior knowledge when making text-text connections.

This week I read the book, “earthquake.” It was based on a true

event which

happened on the  4th  of September 2010.

After reading my book, I watched my  complementary video.

There was a girl that was reading a book called “Quaky Helps Out.”  It’s a about a cat who helps out when a earthquake strikes. Then, I watched my challenge video. It explained all the names and types of Earthquakes there are. For my first create task, we all had to make a poster on how to survive the disaster that happened in our story. My disaster was the 2010 Christchurch earthquake, so I had to make a poster on how to survive an earthquake. For my second task, we had to imagine we were a reporter for a newspaper company and we were writing about the natural disaster that happened in our story.


                    PLEASE COMMENT IF HAVE TIME!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Polly, Great blog description on what you had to complete for your tasks this week. Great synopsis! I did find it quite hard to read your poster outlining your top tips for surviving an earthquake. Which one tip would you take away as the most important one? I look forward to seeing some more blog work - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!