Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

The weird zone - reading create

Hello readers!

This week the book I was reading was the “weird zone.” It’s about a father being weird about going camping because it was the first time going camping since he and his wife separated and they always have 2 tents, the parents zone and the children zone.He thought he would be lonely in his tent so , his children solved the problem by letting him sleep in their tent  with them and  renaming it the WEIRD ZONE ( a tent for children and parents ). After I read my book I read my challenge and complementary text . The complementary text was a blog about the places in Nz. I read one of the amazing posts and it was about the packhorse hut in Christchurch the others were, the Queenstown hill, arthur's path and much more. The challenge text was about a mouse  and a buffalo. The moral of the story was, if you are selfish you shall lose all at the end. For my first create task we had to rewrite the last paragraph of your story. For my second, we had to imagine we were police officers and we were interveiwing the main charcter of the story. I chose to interview the dad and wrote 5 questions to ask him.

Scroll down to see the rest of my post!

Hope you all like like it and please comment when you have time!






TASK ONE

Kahurangi’s eyes lit up.

 It looked like he had an idea.”Yeah, heaps of room.”

Dad smiles. That’s the first time he’s heard the word tent without worrying.

“Are you sure? What about the kid’s zone?”

“How about we change the tent to... “

Kahurangi says as he pauses for a moment.

“How about the weird zone? A place where everyone belongs. A place where parents and kids are allowed.”

“ Great idea kids! But could you kids tidy up?”

Asks dad.

“NO!”

-The End


 TASK TWO

POLICE OFFICER: Were you embarrassed when you didn’t tell the truth?

DAD: yes, it felt wrong not telling my own children what was wrong.

POLICE OFFICER: How did you feel when the kids thought you were weird because you couldn’t put up the tent?

DAD: It made me feel even more weird, but it is true l can’t put up a tent by myself.

POLICE OFFICER: Shouldn’t a MAN know how to put up a tent then make his children do it for him?

DAD:Umm…. Well…. Uuhhh…. The instructions were too complicating 

POLICE OFFICER: Why didn’t you tell the truth about being weird?

DAD: I was umm… too… embarrassed.

POLICE OFFICER: Why? They're your family.

DAD: I don’t know… I thought they wouldn’t understand.

But l feel much better now for telling them the problem.

POLICE OFFICER: That was our last question of the interview.

DAD: Thank you officer. I actually feel much better talking to you.

POLICE OFFICER: Thank you for your presence. You must be heading out now. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Polly, Adele here. Just from reading your blog description I got a really clear idea of what 'Weird Zone' story is all about. Your five questions in create task 3 remained connected to the original story - great work! I'd would also like to add great use of punctuation! Did you enjoy this week's story choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment adele!
    I really enjoyed reading the weird zone last week.
    Bye adele!
    see you another day at school!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!