Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Swallowed by the sea - reading create


Hey there bloggers!

WALT: Use prior knowledge to make text-text connections.

This week was basically the same thing we did last week but we just had to choose different books. I chose ¨ Swallowed by the sea.¨ It's a  story about a girl and her mother. It was a stormy day, and the girl was by the ocean at the beach. The waves sucked her into the ocean like a sea monster. But she was able to get to safety after the storm ended. My complementary video was about was the story, ¨the wizard of oz.¨ It was about a girl named Dorothy and her dog. They get sucked into a tornado and it takes them to another world. She meets courageless lion, brainless scarecrow, and a tinman with no heart and they kill the wicked witch of west and get rewarded. Dorothy says her goodbyes to her new friends and returns home to her aunt and uncle. My challenge video was about a warrior, Oddeos. After finishing a quest. He finds a island with fresh grass. Hoping to find food, they explored the island where they get trapped in a cave with a mean cyclopes. Oddeos fools him, and the crew finally is able to get back to their homes. For my first create task we had to create a poster on how to survive the disater that happened in our story. My story was swallowed by the sea, so I had to make a poster on how to survive an storm. For my second, we had to imagine we were a news reporter and we were writing about the incident that happened in our story .






 PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Polly!
    Your blog post is amazing you have a description on your reading book.You got All of your Create tasks done on time? Did you get your fast finishers done just wondering!.
    kind regards Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Polly,

    Amazing Wigram press! I think you would make a great reporter one day. I like how you have included what happened during and after the storm.

    Do you have any tips to survive a storm? I'm glad we don't get very big storms in Aotearoa. I look forward to your next post.

    Miss F :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms F!
      Thanks for the comment. My top tip during a storm
      is to stay inside. Thats what you normally do
      right? I have no idea why they were at the beach during the
      storm anyway!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!