Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Matariki: Reading Create

Hey there readers!
Welcome back to my blog.  On Saturday, the maori new year started so this week, we were learning all about Matariki. WALT: Summarise and anlyse ideas and information from different texts. We had to watch two videos and 2 texts. Then we had to summarise the important iformation for our first create task. For our second create task,  we to choose two tasks out of the four tasks the teachers made. I only had time to complete 1 task cause of the tight time limit. Please scroll to the rest of my post.




Video #1:

The video is about how the matariki cluster formed in the sky.

The 7 sisters were flying everywhere, zig zagging all around the night sy. Then, their parents had had enough. They asked them to do a favour for them to stay in their  spot and not move around.  





Video #2:

It was a video about what you can do to celebrate matariki. One way is to tell tales or myths about matariki. Another way is to tell what the  people from a long time ago did with the matariki star cluster. 




Te Papa Website: 

Te papa museum is a museum in Wellington where they show or tell many different things about lots of different things. One thing that they show in the  museum is the matariki star cluster. In their website about Matariki they tell lots of facts about when they form, what the different names of the matariki are and much more.




Celebrating Puanga at Ramanui:

Near the mountains there is a school. Called Ramanui Primary. Every year they celebrate the maori New year. This year they are celebrating by inviting all their whanau for a big feast.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Polly. I really like how you added a lot of detail to your work. I like how you explained the video's you and to watch and the story's you had to read. You said that you didn't finish the other create tasks but I think it was a good thing you told us. Maybe next time you could try to finish all of them!
    -Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia!
      Thanks for the comment.
      Yeah, I wasn´t able to finish them, but next time I will deffinetly finish them.

      Delete
  2. Hi Polly, A great amount of detailed information included in your blog post both outlining what you had to do and what was in the texts & websites. Did you find out some interesting facts about Matariki?
    Next time, check your spelling before posting, but otherwise great work Polly!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!