Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2021

The bad case of stripes - READING CREATE


Hey there bloggers!

WALT: Make connections between ourselfs, other texts and the world.

This week our books were videos, so we had to watch them instead

of reading them. The book I chose this week was called the Bad

Case Of Stripes.  It´s about a girl named Camilla who cared

about others a opions about her. While she was getting ready for her

first day of school, she finds that she is covered in stripes!

Many doctors come to check her but, each time a doctor comes,

they add a quality on Camilla´s body. This was a very fun text, so please

watch/read this book!

Here is my create task one, two and three down below.


For my first create task I had to create connections between the text I

was watching, myself, other texts and the world. I really enjoyed doing

this task but was very hard. But, I was able to finish it extra

early and finished it by Tuesday.


Connections I made between myself:

  • Seen the doctor. 



  • Have the same weird taste in food.



  • Same taste in food. 



  • Had  medicine before.  



  • Had pills 

 


Connections I made between other texts:

  • The rainbow fish



  • Jack and the beanstalk



  • Green eggs and ham



  • Pippi Longstocking 



  • Little miss sunshine.





  • The rainbow fish



  • Jack and the beanstalk



  • Green eggs and ham



  • Pippi Longstocking 



  • Little miss sunshine.





Connections I maade between the world:

  • Covid 19 /  Coronavirus 



  • The flu,



  • Rainbow



  • Mental illness



  • Lima Beans







Create Task Two


For my second create task I had to create a venn diagram 

had to compaare the main character in our text and another

main character from another text of my own choice. I 

chose t compare Camilla Cream ( from the Bad Case Of 

Stripes ) and Peter Rabbit ( from The Tale Of Peter 

Rabbit).  For the peopke who doesn´t know what a venn

diagram is, a venn diagram are two circles overlapping each 

other. A venn diagram is way of showing how to compare two 

things so, the area overlapping each other is the part where you

write the simularities of the two things. The area not overlapping 

each other is the part  where you write the differences of the two 

things. 


             

                                                                                                                                                     


                                                                                                                                                             

                      Create Task Three          



                                                        

For my third create task I had to choose one connection from

the world column and look deeper into it. The connection I

chose waas ccovid and I used many sites to look deeper into

this connection, and it took me forever🤯.   After completing our plan I had

to present it in a very fun, exciting way. I think I did very well for this task

so, please give feedback if you see anything wrong.


We haad a fourth create task but Iii wasn´t able to finish cause the third one took up most 
of the time. But other than that, I think the third create tas was my favourite out of them all.
I think the reason for that is cause I think it was very fun looing deeper in my connection and
 presenting it.  Please enjoy your day and...

BYE!


2 comments:

  1. Hi polly !
    Your reading create task for this week is very interesting but also very confusing . Your caption is going off the page and I can't see the words for your venn diagram . Maybe next time you could make your venn diagram bigger and check your published blog when you are finished .
    - Hannaneh

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi polly on the bad case of stripes maybe next time you can add a photo of the book
    - bailey

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!