Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Compound sentences - writing

 Hello bloggers!

Recently in writing we have been working on writing compound sentences. A compound sentence is when you combine two simple sentences with a FANBOYS. Fanboys are not boys who are big fans in the crowd but stands for: For, and, nor, but, or, yet and so.  We had to write 5 simple sentences on a google document and share it with a buddy. Then the buddy had to end the simple sentence using a FANBOYS. I buddied up with Fili and I was very suprised how he ended my compound sentences. If you want to read all five of our sentences, scroll down to see the rest of my post!


The sun is shining

but it is still cold.

It is freezing today

but it's warm in the classroom.

I went to school

but It was almost covered in snow.

I wrote ten compound sentences

but it didn’t make sense.

It is raining outside

and snowing at the same time. 

The snow is freezing

and inside was hot.

I like heights

but whenever I am up too high my legs quiver.                        

The whiteboard rubber is broken

so we can not use it.

Ms Ferguson wrote about compound sentences on the whiteboard 

so we understand what they are. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!